Vote by Mail not Permitted in the General Election
Attention Voters: Absentee Voting is Unaffected by the Delaware Supreme Court Ruling!
Please be advised that the Delaware Supreme Court, in its Order dated October 7, 2022, has ruled that the Delaware statute authorizing Vote by Mail in the General Election violates the Delaware Constitution and therefore voting by mail is not permitted.
NO vote by mail ballots have been or will be mailed out for the 2022 General Election.
The Department has mailed this letter to all voters
who had requested a vote by mail ballot for the 2022 General Election notifying them of the voting options available to Delaware voters for the 2022 General Election.
Delaware Voters - You will need to vote using one of the following three options available for the 2022 General Election:
- Voting by Absentee Ballot (if you are eligible)
- In-Person Early Voting prior to Election Day (November 8, 2022) at an Early Voting location in your county of residence.
- In-person Early Voting is available October 28, 2022 through November 6, 2022.
- Early Voting locations and the voting times for these locations are listed on the Department's website at https://elections.delaware.gov/elections/votinglocations.shtml or can be obtained by contacting the Department.
- In-Person Voting at your assigned polling place on Election Day (November 8, 2022).