A person convicted of a felony may register and vote if he/she meets the conditions below:
- Has completed his/her sentence and
- Was not convicted of a disqualifying felony as stated in the State's Constitution. These felonies are:
- Murder or manslaughter, (except vehicular homicide);
- Any felony constituting an offense against public administration involving bribery or improper influence or abuse of office, or any like offense under the laws of any state or local jurisdiction, or of the United States, or of the District of Columbia; or
- Any felony constituting a sexual offense, or any like offense under the laws of any state or local jurisdiction or of the United States or of the District of Columbia.