To be qualified to vote in the State of Delaware:
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must be a resident of Delaware. Delaware is your home.
- You must be 18 years old by the date of the next General Election.
- You cannot register to vote if you have been adjudged mentally incompetent. "Adjudged mentally incompetent" refers to a specific finding in a judicial guardianship or equivalent proceeding, based on clear and convincing evidence that the individual has a severe cognitive impairment which precludes exercise of basic voting judgment.
- You must not be a convicted felon. In some situations, however, a convicted felon may be able to register to vote. Click here for additional information.